YICC is a certificate program designed by Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (S-VYASA). The University is famous for its collaborative research projects in the U.S.A and U.K. The University’s work has a presence in 20 countries worldwide. (www.svyasa.org)
YICC will train the student systematically in Yoga Instruction techniques. This course integrates various important aspects of Yoga-Asanas (postures), Pranayamas (breathing techniques), Kriyas(cleansing techniques), the essence of Yogic Literature and Philosophy into a holistic composite, thus enabling the student to understand the knowledge of Yoga in its entirety. The course is truly insightful and empowering, designed not only to impart techniques of teaching Yoga but also to facilitate learner to begin his or her own journey of self-awareness and development.
The certificate program which is rewarding and enriching will be conducted by Vyasa Yoga, Singapore.
The structure of YICC is based on more than 30 years of in-depth study in the field of Yoga and Spirituality by S-VYASA. Research behind this Certification Program largely follows the direction given by Swami Vivekananda, who pronounced that we need to combine the best of West (modern scientific research) with the best of the East (Yoga and spiritual lore)
to bring a grand harmony and peace on earth.
The objective of conducting Yoga Instructor Certificate Course throughout the world is to bring forth the holistic vision and spiritual lore of Yoga into one’s life. The result would be a positive physical health, mental strength, peace, harmony leading to efficiency and growth. It aims to help solve problems of modern society and build ideal social orders.
1. Understand Yoga as a Science as well as Philosophy from the Premier Yoga Research University.
2. Bring self-awareness and consciousness.
3. Be able to synergise one’s mind, body and soul.
4. Understand holistically the philosophy of Yoga.
5. Lead the way of holistic living.
6. Manage to reduce and prevent stress.
7. Experience improved memory, creativity & calmness through Pranayama (breathing techniques) & Dhyana (meditation).
8. Be completely empowered with career in Yoga in order to serve society.
YICC consists of the following parts: 80 hours Classroom training &120 hours field training
Classroom training consists of:
1. Yoga: need of the hour, Yoga: concept and definitions
2. Basis of Yoga
3. Streams of Yoga and Unity in Diversity
4. Theory of Yogic Practices, Asanas, Pranayama, Kriyas, and Meditation
5. Application of Yoga
6. Introduction to Yoga Therapy
7. Educational Applications
8. Stress and Yoga
9. Yoga and Diet
10. Teaching Techniques (8 – Steps Method)
1. Breathing Practices
2. Loosening Practices
3. Yogasanas – basic set of Yoga Postures (standing, sitting, prone & supine)
4. Relaxation Techniques (IRT, QRT, DRT)
6. Cyclic Meditation
7. Kriyas (Cleansing Techniques for nostrils and stomach)
8. Mudras and Bandhas
9. Teaching Techniques Practice
Part 1- 120 hours of Teaching Practice
Each student has to complete 120 hours of Yoga Instruction under the guidance of a Certified Yoga Instructor. This can be completed within one month to two years depending on the dedication and time commitment of the student. Vyasa Yoga extends every possible help in this respect. Students are encouraged to form a group with
classmates and take turn of instructions as soon as they finish with classroom training. Vyasa Yoga Centre offers space to students for the practice. Later they can assist any Senior Yoga Instructor in the Sessions.
Part 2 – Field Report on Subject related to Yoga
Every student has to select particular topic for Field Report. A list of subjects related to Yoga is available for them. Apart from that any new topic related to Yoga can be chosen.Students can get clue from the previously submitted Reports. This exercise generates interest and encourages enquiry into Yoga as a study.
Upon submitting the Subject Report and completing the 120 hours of Teaching Practice, student will be rewarded with his/her certificate, acknowledged by the Vice Chancellor of S-VYASA. Bangalore, India. This certificate holds Great Value and is therefore recognised all over the Globe.
Civil Service Club #03/05, 60 Tessensohn road, Singapore 217664
Phone: +65 9626 2425 / 81866464
Contact Person: Manoj Thakur